Er1 is indicated when temperature of the ear thermometer is outside the specified operating ambient temperature range. The thermometer itself is either too cold or too warm for normal functioning.
Thereof, do you add a degree to a Temple Touch thermometer?
An ear (tympanic) temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature. … A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.
Subsequently, how do I fix my thermometer?
Heating–Heating the thermometer bulb is often the quickest and most successful method of repairing column separations. The heat can be applied by holding the bulb under a faucet of hot running water or by immersion in a pan of slowly heating water.
How do I reset my CVS thermometer to Fahrenheit?
With the thermometer OFF, hold down the “mode” button until the hourglass and F or C shows up. Continue mashing Mode then press the Power button and it will toggle F or C everytime you press power (while still holding Mode). Let off both buttons when it’s on the setting you want.
Reset the thermometer by pressing reset button. Place the thermometer under the tongue. Close mouth around thermometer. Leave in place until you hear the beep (usually one minute or less)
- Install batteries into the device. Make sure the polarity (+ and -) of the batteries. …
- Press and release the ON/OFF button, the device will be turned on then ready. …
- Place the probe on the measuring site and wait for a few seconds.
- The measurement is completed with beep.
- Read the temperature on the display.
Oldest memories will automatically be deleted as you take new measurements. Removing the batteries will also delete all memories from the unit. As you are scrolling through and viewing stored memories, at any time you may press and hold the POWER button for 3 seconds until dEL displays – then release the button.
HOW TO USE
- Power On. …
- You will hear 2 beeps with the measuring scale shown as following figures.
- Put the thermometer on the temple then it beeps one time to present measurement. …
- Turn off the unit by pressing the POWER button, or the unit will automatically turn off after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Er.2: If the temperature did not register because of poor contact, patient movement or poor placement, the device will beep 5 times. and display “Er.2” Remedy: Turn the unit OFF, wait 1 minute, turn it ON again and retake tempera- ture using proper technique.
“Er2” will appear on the display when the unit is exposed to rapid changes in ambient temperature. “Er3” will appear on the display when the ambient temperature is below 32° F (0° C) or above 122° F (50° C).
An “ERR” message in the window indicates your unit is not functioning properly. … The unit will complete measurement in 30 seconds when temperature is taken orally. The display will flash and the unit will beep signaling completion.