Slice Kielbasa into 3/4″ thick rings. Place potatoes and kielbasa in a large mixing bowl. Add parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, 2 Tbsp olive oil and toss to combine. Spread onto baking sheet and bake at 400˚F for 45-50 min or until potatoes are browned an crisp.
In this manner, how do you make cheesy kielbasa potatoes?
Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray on the bottom and sides. Add the kielbasa and potato mixture to the pan and spread out evenly. Cook uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, stirring every 10 minutes. When the potatoes are done, turn the oven off and add the shredded cheddar to the top.
Also to know is, how do you make potato and sausage casserole?
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain and set aside. …
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage. …
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, 60-65 minutes.
How do you make potato sausage from scratch?
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and diced about 3/8″
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped or diced.
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
- 2 medium onions peeled and diced about 1/4″
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and pressed.
kielbasa just means “sausage” in Polish, and there are a dozen or two or more different kinds of kielbasa. But in the States (at least in the Midwest, in my experience), “Polish Kielbasa/sausage” is usually a coarse ground garlicky smoked sausage, similar to wiejska from my recent googling.
Roast: Place kielbasa on tray in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes, turning frequently.
A type of sausage known as ‘kielbasa’ can load up 330 calories, 24 g of fat, and 1,590 milligrams of sodium with only 6 ounces of kielbasa. These types of foods should be seriously avoided.
Kielbasa is the Polish word for sausage. Sausage has always played an important role in Polish culture, and kielbasa remains one of, if not the, most famous foods to come out of Poland. Kielbasi can have a distinctive garlic taste along with other flavorings like smoke, cloves, pimentos and marjoram.
One favorite way to eat it is with applesauce – Oma (Grandma) always had her homemade applesauce available and all the grandkids had fun dipping the sausage in it! The Potato Sausage is also excellent for breakfast with scrambled eggs and pancakes.
What to Serve with Kielbasa [10 Best Side Dishes]
- Green Bean Casserole.
- Fried Onions.
- Kapusniak (Cabbage Soup)
- Creamy Polenta.
- Rice Skillet.
- Mac & Cheese.