Cooking with a pressure cooker in 6 easy steps:
- Add food & liquid in the pot.
- Close lid, ensure valve is at the correct position.
- Select pressure setting. Electric pressure cookers: select cooking program and time. …
- Wait for the pressure to build up inside the pot.
- Starts cooking under pressure. …
- Release pressure.
Moreover, can a pressure cooker explode?
However, pressure cookers can be dangerous. Manufacturing defects and design defects are frequently the cause of pressure cooker explosions. Some common injuries from pressure cooker use are steam burns, contact burns, splashed/spilled hot liquids, and explosion.