- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil. Remove, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast, then pour in the apple juice. Cover and cook on MEDIUM for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
Subsequently, can you cook moose medium rare?
They may be grilled, pan-fried or roasted. But stop at medium rare or they’ll be as dry and tough as shoe leather.
Additionally, how do you marinate moose meat?
Directions. Whisk together beer, soy sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and hot sauce in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 days.
How does moose meat taste?
Contrary to what most people think, moose meat does NOT taste like chicken! Or even Bison. What is this? From people who have actually eaten moose meat (mostly Canadians and Alaskans), they describe it as being similar to beef, only with a slight gamier texture.
But moose meat is expensive:
Say about $1,000.00.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add oil.
- Place the steaks in the fryer.
- Add the other ingredients piled on top.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for 5-10 minutes on the other side until done, depending on how rare or how well cooked you like your steaks.
Add a cup or so of water and a slash of red wine. Cooked on low for 8 hours, the moose roast will be cooked all-the-way-through and will fall apart using just a fork. Yummy! The second thing about cooking moose meat is to treat it just like beef.
|Meat||How to Store||Refrigerator|
|Raw||Store Separately||1 – 2 days|
|Cooked||Store separately from raw||Reheat cooked meat only once/ keep for 3 days|
Yes! Moose is safe to eat. It is also one of the healthiest foods available. The benefits of consuming moose are much greater than the risks of contaminant exposure.
Moose Main Dishes
- Barbeque a Moose Roast.
- Delicious Moose Roast Crock Pot Recipe.
- Dutch Oven Moose Roast.
- Roast Moose with Bacon Slow Cooker Recipe.
- Oven Baked Roast.
- Slow Cooker Roast – With Herbs de Provence.
Just before serving, scatter sautéed mushrooms and top the steaks with this delicious red-wine sauce. Enjoy this moose recipe with some favorite sides, such as a tossed salad or roasted veggies and some scalloped potatoes or steamed rice.
When cooking a roast, people should boil the meat first in order to help remove the gamey taste. Moose steaks can be sautéed or fried in butter. Most cuts need to be cooked considerably longer than venison, pork, or beef. Onion, broth, and mushrooms complement this meat well, so many dishes also use these ingredients.
Hi Mountain Canadian Moose Seasoning has a zing of garlic and paprika with a hint of pepper that compliments moose meat whether you are roasting, grilling or pan frying.