Dimensions for 10″ foil pie pan #1042:
Top outside diameter (rim to rim): 9⅝” Top inside diameter: 8¾” Bottom diameter: 7″ Depth: 1-3/16”
Keeping this in consideration, can I bake a pie in a square pan?
On average, you can make pies in a square pan. Leave the square pie in the oven for about 5 minutes longer than required. Since square pans are usually larger in the surface area than round pans, make sure to adjust the pie’s recipe accordingly depending on the size of the square pan.
In this way, can you use a springform pan for pie?
Grab a springform pan.
This pie is made in a 9-inch springform pan. My springform pan doesn’t tend to stick, but if you know yours does (or if you’re not sure), give it a quick coating of nonstick spray. For the bottom crust, you’ll use your favorite crust recipe that’s doubled (or multiplied by 1.5 for no scraps).
How are pie dishes measured?
Whatever pie pan you choose, measure the inside rim-to-inside rim and make sure it’s exactly 9 inches. Then, measure inside the pan, from the rim to the bottom, placing the ruler flush against the angled side to make sure it measures between 1 ¼ and 1 ½ inches.
|Pan dimensions||Type and shape||Capacity|
|9 x 1 ½ (23 x 4 cm)||Pyrex pie pan World Kitchen 6001003 Pie Plate||4 cups (950 ml)|
|9 x 2 (23 x 5 cm)||Fluted, ceramic pie dish Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red||6 cups (1420 ml)|
|10 x 1 ½ (25 x 4 cm)||Pie pan Focus Foodservice Commercial Bakeware 10 Inch Pie Pan||6 ½ cups (1540 ml)|
5 Other Pans to Bake a Pumpkin Pie In
- Cake Pan. An eight- or nine-inch cake pan is an easy pie pan substitute, as it has the same shape and volume as a pie pan. …
- Tart Pan. A tart pan is my favorite substitute for a pie pan, especially if it has a removable bottom. …
- Springform Pan. …
- 13×9 Pan. …
- Muffin Pan.
Baking A Pie Without A Pie Pan: 8 Substitutes That Work!
- 8 Best Pie Pan Substitutes: Cake Pan. …
- Cake Pan. Since the shape and dimensions are similar, a cake pan can be used to substitute a pie pan for most pie recipes. …
- Foil Pan (Aluminum Pan) …
- Glass Pan. …
- Tart Pan. …
- Springform Pan. …
- Muffin Pan. …
- Baking Paper.
Deep pie pans are pans with dimensions larger than the standard pie pans and can hold larger recipes. For instance, they can be 9.5 or 10 inches wide and 1.4 inches deep. With a deep pie pan, you’ll get more pie crust and filling.
Our Top Pie Dish Picks
- Best Overall: Pyrex 9-Inch Glass Pie Plate.
- Best Deep Dish: Emile Henry Modern Classics Pie Dish, 9″
- Most Transportable: OXO Good Grips Pie Plate with Lid.
- Best Metal: Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Pro Nonstick Pie Plate.
- Good for More Than Pie: Le Creuset Pie Dish.
The best pie pan is the right size
Yes, some pie recipes call for a 10” pan, others for an 8”, but the vast majority of pie recipes direct you to a 9”-diameter pan. And this pan is a full 9” wide (inside dimensions). In addition, the pan is the perfect depth.
You can find pie pans from 4 inches to 16 inches in diameter, with depths of between 0.75 inches and 2.5 inches; 9 inches is the standard size for pie pans.