Compare with similar items
|This item OXO Good Grips Large Salad Spinner – 6.22 Qt. #1 Best Seller||OXO Good Grips Little Salad & Herb Spinner|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
Secondly, can I store my lettuce in my salad spinner?
You already rinse your lettuce and run it through the salad spinner to get off any excess water—but you shouldn’t stop there. Storing the whole contraption in the fridge—spinner, lettuce, lid, and all—can keep the greens crisp and colorful for a full week.
Just so, do I need to wash salad spinner?
Turns out a salad spinner can do both the washing and the drying. Instead of washing the greens under cold water, place them into the spinner first and fill the whole thing up with water. Rustle everything around a bit and then do absolutely nothing for a few minutes.
Do salad spinners Mix salad?
A salad spinner, also known as a salad tosser, is a kitchen tool used to wash and remove excess water from salad greens. It uses centrifugal force to separate the water from the leaves, enabling salad dressing to stick to the leaves without dilution.
Proper air circulation and a small amount of moisture will keep your lettuce crisp and fresh. The easiest (and most effective) way to do this is to line a sturdy glass or plastic container with a few paper towels, then scatter your greens on top. Top with a matching lid and refrigerate.
Yes to salad spinners. … Yes, salad spinners do take up a lot of cabinet space, but they provide more than enough value, and are worth every inch of space. And even if you didn’t quite have the room for it, you’d find a way to make room because that’s just how important this tool is in your kitchen.
Benefits of a Salad Spinner
- Greatly speeds up drying time.
- Dries small or large leaf greens equally well; romaine lettuce, spinach, arugula, watercress, you name it.
- They combine the washing and drying into one unit.
- They do not damage or bruise lettuce or other greens.
The Best Salad Spinner
- Our pick. OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner. Our pick. The pump on the OXO makes it the easiest to use of all of the salad spinners we tested. …
- Also great. Paderno World Cuisine Manual Salad Spinner. The runner-up. …
- Also great. OXO Steel Salad Spinner. A nicer serving bowl.