Chicken thighs and brussels sprouts are a sheet pan meal made in dinner heaven. The fact that they cook together on a rimmed baking sheet means less dishes, which means less clean-up. A sheet pan chicken dinner saves you time, makes clean-up a breeze, and you don’t need any special equipment or unheard-of ingredients.
Keeping this in view, are brussel sprouts good for you?
Eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous veggies may help protect against cancers of the stomach, lungs, kidney, breast, bladder, and prostate. Crunchy veggies like Brussels sprouts may also help you stave off other health issues, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes.
Secondly, can I cook brussel sprouts with chicken?
We roasted the chicken thighs together with brussels sprouts to make it a one-pan meal idea. All you need is steamy buttery mashed potatoes to go with it and you have one very impressive, healthy and easy chicken dinner.
Do ahead brussel sprouts recipe?
- Preheat oven to 415 F.
- In a large bowl, add the brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. …
- Spread brussels sprouts evenly in a large, lined baking tray.
- Place tray in oven and roast for 20 minutes. …
- Once cooked, place cooked brussels sprouts back into a large bowl and add balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside and tender inside.
We are roasting chicken thighs and brussel sprouts together on a sheet pan, making this an easy one-pan sheet pan meal. Serve this dish as-is for a healthy low-carb meal, or add your favorite side dishes. Each serving of Chicken and Brussel Sprouts has just 4 grams net carbs.
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken with Brussels Sprouts is an easy weeknight dinner that a whole family will love! Chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts are cooked in lemon butter sauce with lots of fresh garlic. The chicken is juicy and tender, and the sauce is pure comfort food!
Brussel sprouts go well with steak, hamburgers, and all types of meat. You can also add them to your roast or any other beef dish! They are not just a side dish; they are the perfect accompaniment for any meal that has red meat as its main ingredient!
When we think about which meats go with Brussels sprouts, bacon usually comes to mind first. Upgrade that classic, add poultry to the list, and leave room on the menu for steak. Dress up Brussels spouts by pairing them with prosciutto and creating a roasted veggie-centric entree.
What to Serve with Brussel Sprouts?
- 1 – Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
- 2 – Pan-seared Chicken Breasts.
- 3 – Green Bean Salad with Bacon.
- 4 – Sweet Potato Gratin.
- 5 – Fried Potatoes.
- 6 – Roasted Beef or Pork.
- 7 – Fennel and Avocado Salad.
- 8 – Homemade Croutons.
You can roast or bake anywhere between 325 and 450 degrees F. When roasting a whole chicken, a nice rule of them is to start at 400 to 425 degrees F and then turn the oven down to 350 after 15 minutes and cook until the internal temp of the chicken is 165 – 175 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.