It is believed that aluminum foil serves by blocking the signal from going in one direction and concentrating it in the other direction. This increases their range and also their strength. In the process, you get to experience faster internet speed. This is very useful as it doesn’t cost you anything.
Moreover, does putting tin foil behind router work?
Researchers discover aluminum foil actually does improve your wireless speed. Researchers at Dartmouth University have found that a 3D printed shape covered in aluminum foil can improve wireless range and increase Wi-Fi security.
Beside above, how can I boost my Wi-Fi signal for free?
Top 15 Ways to Boost Your WiFi
- Select a Good Place for Your Router.
- Keep Your Router Updated.
- Get a Stronger Antenna.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches.
- Buy a WiFi Repeater/ Booster/ Extender.
- Switch to a Different WiFi Channel.
- Control Bandwidth-Hungry Applications and Clients.
- Use the Latest WiFi Technologies.