How to set the clock on a Horstmann Electronic 7 water heater
- Press the green “SET” button until the left-hand indicator points to “CLOCK”. …
- Adjust the hour with the “MINUS”/”PLUS” buttons. …
- Press the blue “SELECT” button to confirm the hour. …
- Adjust the minute with the “MINUS/PLUS” buttons.
Consequently, can I leave my immersion heater on all the time?
It’s better to leave the hot water heater on all the time, rather than turning it on and off. … Your immersion heater or boiler will heat up hot water which is stored in a tank. As long as the tank has a good insulating jacket, it will keep the water hot all day, without needing to be constantly reheated.
Just so, how do I set my immersion heater timer?
How do immersion heater timers work?
We recommend installing an immersion heater timer, which works just like a thermostat. This means that when the water reaches the desired temperature, the immersion tank will automatically turn off, so you aren’t wasting money.
Press and hold SET and SELECT in Normal mode for 3 seconds to enter Clock setting mode. Clock, Day-of-Week, and “SET” are displayed.
- Open your phone’s Clock app .
- At the top, tap Timer.
- Enter how long you want the timer to run.
- Tap Start .
- When your timer finishes, you’ll hear beeping. To stop the beeping, tap Stop .
The Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz is an Electro-mechanical water heating control, which can be set to take advantage of cheap night-rate electricity, so that there is a tank of hot water available for the morning.
Once turned on, the heating process can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the size of the cylinder and the power of the immersion heater. Ideally, the water needs to be heated to at least 50°C to kill any potential pathogens.
1. Switch on as required. This topic comes up in discussion forums all the time, but it is not cheaper to leave the immersion on all of the time, rather than to switch it on and off as required. Even with a good lagging jacket, the cylinder will lose heat and cost more to reheat the water to the optimum temperature.
If the switching output is turned on there is GND at the output, so the load has full voltage. … If the switching output is turned off, there is GND at the output, therefore is no potential difference is and no current flows. If the switching output is turned on there is +5V at the output, so the load has full voltage.